WHAT'S IN THESE TERMS?
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
- Who We are and how to contact Us.
- Information about the Site.
- By using the Site you accept these Terms.
- There are other terms that may apply to you.
- We may make changes to these Terms.
- We may make changes to the Site.
- Your obligations.
- We may suspend or withdraw the Site.
- You must keep your account details safe.
- How you may use material on the Site.
- Do not rely on information on the Site.
- We are not responsible for websites We link to.
- We are not responsible for loss or damage suffered by you.
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them.
- Rules about linking to the Site.
- Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
- Our trademarks are registered.
- Entire Agreement
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
The Site is operated by World Marathon Majors LLC ("Us" or "We"). We are registered in Delaware under company number 11270187 and have our registered office at 21660 W Field Parkway, Deer Park IL 60010. Our main trading address is [21660 W Field Parkway, Deer Park IL 60010]. We are a limited liability company.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE SITE
The Site provides information about, and news on, the series of marathons known as the “World Marathon Majors” (the “WMM Series”). The Site will also permit users to register with Us, view how many of the races that comprise the WMM Series they have participated in and see where they stand in the age-group rankings. For the avoidance of doubt, registered users will also have the ability to view other registered users’ profiles.
THERE ARE OTHER TERMS THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU
These Terms refer to the following additional terms, which also apply to your use of the Site, and which are hereby incorporated by reference:
- Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of the Site. When using the Site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We may amend these Terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use the Site, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These Terms were most recently updated on 24 May 2018.
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THE SITE
We may update and change the Site from time to time.
- comply with all applicable laws and regulatory requirements in relation to your use of the Site and you will not use the Site to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory;
- not represent yourself as the Site or an agent or partner of the Site or make any representations, warranties or guarantees in respect of the Site;
- use the Site for a commercial purpose, unless expressly authorised by Us and shall not post unauthorised commercial communications (such as spam) on the Site;
- not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access search or scrape the Site, using automated means (such as, spiders, harvesting bots, robots or scrapers), though this does not prohibit crawling by search engines where this in accordance with the provisions of the robots.txt file;
- not upload or distribute viruses or other malicious code;
- not solicit login information or access an account belonging to another user or undertake any related actions that violate the privacy or publicity rights of another user or any other person or entity;
- not bully, intimidate, or harass any other user;
- not encourage other users to use violence or commit illegal or criminal acts;
- not use the Site in any way to develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements);
- not disrupt (or attempt to disrupt) the normal operation of the Site and shall not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of the Site;
- not facilitate or encourage any violations of these Terms or the other policies;
- not frame the Site on any other website;
- not circumvent (or attempt to circumvent) the security or authentication measures adopted by us;
- not access (or attempt to access) any of the software, databases or systems that support the operation of the Site;
- not use our name or logos, other than to identify in a lawful manner the goods and services provided by Us or our licensees;
- not use other people's email addresses in order to register an account;
- not impersonate another person or entity;
- not disseminate links to malicious content that could damage or disrupt another user's computer system; and/or
- not modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us, unless you are expressly permitted to do so under an open source license, or We give you express written permission.
You are responsible for:
- your use of the Site;
- maintaining regular backups of the data on your computer;
- ensuring that any computer or device that you use in connection with the Site has up-to-date anti-virus software; and
- safeguarding the login and password that you use in connection with the Site.
We encourage you to use “strong” passwords with your account.
WE MAY SUSPEND OR WITHDRAW THE SITE
The Site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that the Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of the Site for any reason in our sole discretion, including business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Site through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and other applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
YOU MUST KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS SAFE
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify Us at email@example.com.
HOW YOU MAY USE MATERIAL ON THE SITE
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the Site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on the Site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on the Site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on the Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from Us or our licensors.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Please note that We only provide the Site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Site for any commercial or business purposes, and We have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that We have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, We will either repair the damage or pay you compensation.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VIRUSES AND YOU MUST NOT INTRODUCE THEM
We do not guarantee that the Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access the Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse the Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. You must not attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and We will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Site will cease immediately.
WHICH COUNTRY’S LAWS APPLY TO ANY DISPUTES?
These Terms, their subject matter and their formation, are governed by the laws of [the State of Delaware] and to the extent not addressed by the laws of Delaware, the laws of the United States. You and We both agree that the courts of the [State of Delaware] will have exclusive jurisdiction over any action involving the interpretation or enforcement of any provision of these Terms.
OUR TRADE MARKS ARE REGISTERED
We own a number of trademarks in numerous territories, including but not limited to, US trademark: WORLD MARATHON MAJORS, registration number: 3372940.
You are not permitted to use our trade marks without our approval, unless they are part of material you are using as permitted under How you may use material on the Site.
These terms, together with any documents incorporated by reference, constitute the entire agreement between You and Us concerning use and access to the Site.