Find out more about our current champions and look back at the athletes who have taken home the title since the series began . Click here to skip to past champions.
CURRENT CHAMPIONS - Series XIV 2021/22
- Series XIII: 2019/21Albert Korir (KEN)Peres Jepchirchir (KEN) & Joyciline Jepkosgei (KEN)
- Series XII: 2018/19Eliud Kipchoge (KEN)Brigid Kosgei (KEN)
- Series XI: 2017/18Eliud Kipchoge (KEN)Mary Keitany (KEN)
- Series X: 2016/17Eliud Kipchoge (KEN)Edna Kiplagat (KEN) ***
- Series IX: 2015/16Eliud Kipchoge (KEN)Mary Keitany (KEN)
- Series VIII: 2013/14Wilson Kipsang (KEN)Edna Kiplagat (KEN) **
- Series VII: 2012/13Tsegaye Kebede (ETH)Priscah Jeptoo (KEN)
- Series VI: 2011/12Geoffrey Mutai (KEN)Mary Keitany (KEN)
- Series V: 2010/11Emmanuel Mutai (KEN)Edna Kiplagat (KEN) *
- Series IV: 2009/10Sammy Wanjiru (KEN)Irina Mikitenko (GER) *
- Series III: 2008/09Sammy Wanjiru (KEN)Irina Mikitenko (GER)
- Series II: 2007/08Martin Lel (KEN)Irina Mikitenko (GER)
- Series I: 2006/07Robert K Cheruiyot (KEN)Gete Wami (ETH)
- SeriesMen's WheelchairWomen's Wheelchair
- Series XIII: 2019/21Marcel Hug (SUI)Manuela Schär (SUI)
- Series XII: 2018/19Daniel Romanchuk (USA)Manuela Schär (SUI)
- Series XI: 2017/18Marcel Hug (SUI)Manuela Schär (SUI)
- Series X: 2016/17Marcel Hug (SUI)Tatyana McFadden (USA)
* Liliya Shobukhova (RUS) was the original winner of Series IV and V but she was banned from competition for a doping violation in April 2014 and all her results from 9 October 2009 have been annulled.
** Rita Jeptoo (KEN) won four races in the 2013/14 series but gave positive A and B samples in an out-of-competition test in September 2014. Her standings and the final results of the 2013/14 Series have been determined at the completion of the due legal process and the outcome of an appeal. As a result, the Series VIII title has been awarded to Edna Kiplagat.
*** Edna Kiplagat was crowned women's Series X champion following the doping investigation and legal process against Jemima Sumgong (KEN), who won two races but gave a positive sample in an out-of-competition test in February 2017.